ILOILO CITY, Philippines—Sixty-seven residents of Barangay Jalandon-Wilson, Iloilo City Proper were rushed to the Iloilo City Hospital at the Western Visayas Medical Center compound after manifesting various symptoms of food poisoning such as stomach ache, dizziness, and vomiting on Sunday, December 9, according to various sources.
Most of the victims were kids who ate spaghetti and pancit bihon at a children’s party in the neighborhood.
According to Iloilo City Provincial Health Office, poor food preparation might have spoiled the food, particularly covering the container immediately after the dish has been cooked.
Mayor Jed Mabilog has already asked health officials to send over some medicines, gathered reports said.
Meanwhile, Dr. Urminico Baronda assured that the City Health Office has got sufficient supply of medication for food poisoning.